Oxford Learning Centre Mississauga Central is looking for a committed, reliable and enthusiastic High School English Teacher who enjoys working with students in Grades 7-12. Teachers in our High School Advantage Program offer individual instruction, guidance and school support to students looking to improve their academic skills and grades, critical thinking skills, learning strategies, and study habits. Candidates for this position must possess the following:
- BA (English) and BEd Degrees
- OCT certification is preferred or working towards it
- Experience in a Teaching/Tutoring environment
- Strong English language, written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with the Ontario High School English curriculum is a must
- Familiarity/experience teaching Shakespeare
- Strong ability to motivate students and build their confidence
- Must possess a variety of flexible teaching strategies
- Strong ability to stay organized and multi-task
- The ability to problem solve and think critically
A dedicated and passionate teacher who thrives on seeing students succeed will enjoy this role.
Interested candidates must be available 2-4 evenings per week from 4:00 – 8:00pm and Saturday mornings from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Position to start ASAP with training to begin immediately. Only candidates who meet our requirements will be contacted.If you possess all of the above qualities and want to join a high-energy group with a goal to see students succeed, then please email your cover letter and resume to us.Attention:
Heena Lad: email@example.com
NO INTERNATIONAL OR OUT OF PROVINCE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Location: 640 Eglinton Avenue West, Mississauga, Ontario L5R 3V2