Wendy’s Restaurants of Canada is seeking franchisees to expand the brand throughout Québec. The Company has rolled out a new franchise recruitment initiative, Own Your Opportunity, that will create pathways for entrepreneurs in the province of Québec who want to grow and profit from becoming a Wendy’s franchisee. The initiative creates expanded restaurant ownership opportunities for all and supports the Company’s goal of increasing restaurant ownership in Québec.
To support this initiative, Wendy’s has:
- Created more competitive liquidity and net worth requirements for all new franchise applicants.
- Introduced a new global restaurant design standard that is less expensive to build, featuring innovative design elements to simplify operations and the latest technology that work together to create better returns for franchisees.
- Created a Build-to-Suit development fund to fuel growth in underdeveloped trade areas, where Wendy’s secures and builds restaurants and hands over turnkey locations to franchisees.
- Opened more than 400 restaurants in Canada. With only 13 in Québec currently, the market is ripe with opportunities for entrepreneurs to seize.
- Launched Breakfast in Canada in May this year, creating tremendous growth potential for franchise owners.
Wendy’s is seeking new multi-unit operators who are interested in a transformative opportunity with the path to prosper and the perspective to lead within a thriving and beloved restaurant brand. Wendy’s will be growing aggressively in prominent drive thru locations that are between 1,500 – 3,000 square feet in markets with a population of 7,000+ and vehicle counts of 10,000+. Wendy’s is particularly focused on convenience-driven highway locations. Québec is a top performing province in terms of historical sales growth and boasts two of the top 10 most populous cities in the country. Québec’s unique diversity makes Wendy’s an exciting opportunity for an experienced multi-unit operator to develop and grow with us.