Why do Pizza Chains Celebrate PI Day?
- Pi day is celebrated around the world every year on March 14th, it has nothing to do with pie but math.
- Pizza Nova celebrates PI Day with $3.14 slices and delivery
- 2023 marks the 5th year Pizza Nova celebrates the day in this way, with a discounted price.
- Pizza makers and bakers pay tribute to PI Day by calling attention to round shaped food.
- Pizza is one of the most famous circular shaped foods today.
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza topping, also round!
- The largest pizza is 122’8’’ inches in diameter, now that’s a big PI.
Ways to Celebrate PI Day
- Order pizza for breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Visit your local Pizza Nova and enjoy a slice with your friends for only $3.14
- Encourage your math teacher to celebrate the day – why not order spherical food for the whole class
Fun Facts about Pi Day:
- If you divide any circle’s circumference by its diameter; the answer (whether for a pie plate or a planet) is always approximately 3.14, a number we represent with the Greek letter π. Keep calculating pi’s digits with more and more accuracy—as mathematicians have been doing for 4,000 years—and you’ll discover they go on literally forever, with no pattern.”
- The symbol for Pi has been in use for over 250 years. The symbol was introduced by William Jones, a Welsh mathematician, in 1706. The symbol was made popular by the mathematician Leonhard Euler.
- Pi Day was first celebrated in 1988 at San Francisco’s Exploratorium, a museum of science and technology that encourages visitors to be hands-on. The holiday was founded by physicist Larry Shaw, who had been an employee of the museum for more than 15 years.
- PI Day is also Albert Einstein’s Birthday.
In honour of Pi Day, Pizza Nova offers today all slices of pizza at $3.14. The promotion has become an eagerly awaited event for lovers of pizza pie. Pi Day commemorates the important role of math and science.
The offer is available on all in-store, single slice purchases at Pizza Nova’s 140+ locations.